Dr Zaw Thet
MBBS, MRCP, FRCP, FRACP (General Medicine), FRACP (Nephrology)
North Street Specialist Centre is delighted to introduce Dr Zaw Thet, a Senior Nephrologist, specialising in Renal Medicine and Hypertension.
Experience & Training
Dr Thet is a highly motivated medical professional with solid academic knowledge, sound clinical background and excellent management skills.
As a director of Director of Physician Education (DPE), Dr Thet improved the basic physicians training programs, and established two new advanced training programs (Nephrology and General & Acute Medicine) in Rockhampton Hospital.
He published a review paper on the use of warfarin in haemodialysis patients with atrial fibrillation and a research paper on effect of phosphate binders on metabolic acidosis. Currently, he is leading the following projects:
- Non Melanoma Skin Cancer in Central QLD Renal Transplant Recipients: Risk Factors and Barriers in Management
- Comparison of the Risk of Malignancy and Immunosuppressants Related Morbidity in Renal Transplant Recipients and Patients with Glomerular Nephritis: The Central Queensland Experience
- Queensland Renal Biopsy Registry-Glomerulonephritis and Glomerulopathy Registry
- CKD QLD database and research study
- suPAR mediated renal damage in diabetes and glomerulonephritis
- Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Complicated Hypertension and Refractory Hypertension
- Dialysis Care
- Renal Transplant Medicine
- Glomerulonephritis and Autoimmune renal disease